Monday, March 11, 2013

Value Unit

     When we started this unit I found it very hard to use the pencils to shade in value; I had trouble with my lines showing and I couldn't blend. When we did the oil pastel I found it easier to blend. I really enjoyed the oil pastels, I liked how mine turned out in the end. I like how easy the iPads were to use, it was just I didnt like the end product. It seemed more of a fake and computer look to it, rather than a realistic shading that you get with the pencil and sometimes with the pastels. With this unit I learned that to make it look realistic, you have to shade with the lines of the shape; before this my shading was just filling in the lines with shading. I can see how technology is very useful in art and makes things easier, but I like the more realistic feel from other medians.

No comments:

Post a Comment