For the Print Making project we made a sketch of our animal using the reference photos. Then we cut out our sketch on the linoleum using the gouging tool to carve the shapes out. I've used the gouging tool before but it was on cardboard so this time it was a lot easier. The hardest part of my project was the top of my fish because it had very small dots and I didn't think that it would print. To print we rolled the ink and used the brayer to roll the ink onto the linoleum. The hardest of that process was dropping the linoleum so that it was straight with the paper. I liked how my finals came out though. I liked the color and the contrast that it made. Overall, I liked this project and I wish that I did the multi-color prints to.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Monday, April 15, 2013
I had fun with this project, it was very interesting. I always have trouble using photoshop, but I feel like with this project I was able to use it easier with step-by-step instructions. I think the most difficult part of this project was changing the hue because I couldn't find a color that worked with the color of the pancakes. I found a way to erase and blend the mouth because it was very grey fish like before. I like my finished project, I could have done a better job when I pulled the mouth because it made weird lines at the bottom that I tried to fix, but it didn't really work out. It's been awhile since I have used photoshop so I hope I can remember everything and get better.
Monday, March 25, 2013
For this project I really liked it. I liked doing something other than pencil value. The things that I didn't like about it was that I messed up my spray paint so it dripped on the other colors which made me have to paint my background again. Then for my final product there was some spray that went on the middle of it that I didn't like. I liked the spray painting part of the project though, it was cool doing something different from drawing. I liked how my final looked but I wish I picked different colors because I think I would have liked it with brighter colors. Other than the things about my final that I didn't like I really liked my the overall idea of the project and I thought everyone's turned out good.
Monday, March 11, 2013
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
When I first started drawing the contour lines I started off very bad. My lines wouldnt be proportional to the real thing that I was drawing. It was only when we had to do draw our backpack that I thought mine were getting better and more realistic. When drawing the shoe I had trouble with drawing the shoelaces in front of the shoe and working around the shoelace when I couldn't pick up my pen. I also had trouble with the front of the shoe, even in my sketchbook i practiced the front several times. I had trouble with the shoe coming around that curving and I had trouble with the designs in the front. I liked though that even though it was tough to draw I thought it came out good in the end.
Monday, February 4, 2013
This is my final product of the cartoon skeleton drawing, I drew Angelica from the Rugrats. Overall, I do like my finished product and the way it turned out, but I didn't think that it turned out to be a very over exaggerated skeleton by the end of it. Even though it is kind of plain, the head is enlarged from the rest of the body and the bones in the legs and arms were shortened. The easiest part would have to be the whole body, minus the skull and feet, just because I was able to draw those easily because they were relatively simple. The hardest part would have to be the head and feet, for the head the eye extended past the head and the jaw went behind the mouth. The feet were also hard to draw with the angles that they were at, and I didn't have a lot of experience drawing feet before this drawing. I spent the most time on the skull and feet, and I think it turned out really good and accurately portrayed what the skeleton would look like.